Lotus Cyan Racing drivers Prince Carl Philip and Richard Göransson won their maiden race in the Lotus Evora GT4 during the 2018 Swedish GT season opener at Knutstorp in Sweden.
”Our first race went according to plan and to start a season with a victory is of course a dream coming true. This was our first race with the Lotus and we have gained tons of data that we will work hard with ahead of the coming round at Anderstorp, a race that I am looking forward to,” said Prince Carl Philip.
The duo started from second place on the grid and fought for the lead throughout the lead. Five-time STCC champion Göransson started the race and handed over during the mandatory pit stop to Bernadotte who crossed the line as winner of the GTB class.
”The first race was really nice, the car worked well and the team did a great job with our pit stop. The Swedish GT races is all about being on top of all details and we had the edge over the others, enabling us to win. We have created a strong base for the rest of the season and there is potential for more from the car,” said Göransson.
The second race of the weekend ended while Göransson was leading the race overall due to a broken driveshaft, but the duo is still fifth overall in the GTB championship standings, just eleven points from the lead.
”We have a great cooperation with Lotus on this project and we are delighted to be able to deliver a victory in our first race. The drivers and team delivered strongly and we move on to the second race at Anderstorp with confidence,” said Alexander Murdzevski Schedvin, Head of Motorsport at Geely Group Motorsport.
Swedish Touring Car 2018 | Knutstorp Results
Race 1 – Top 5
1. Jensen Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 34 laps GTA
2. Göransson/Bernadotte Lotus Evora GT4 +10.522 GTB
3. Karlsson/Carlström Porsche 911 GT3 Cup +28.054 GTA
4. Mörner/Gullberg Ginetta G55 +50.319 GTB
5. Palma/Nilsson Lotus Exige +52.010 GTB
Race 2 – Top 5
1. Mäkinen/Lilja Maserati GranTurismo MC GT4 28 laps GTB
2. Gullberg/Mörner Ginetta G55 +4.407 GTB
3. Ricknäs/Söderholm Porsche Cayman GT4 +7.673 GTB
4. Sokolski Porsche 911 GT3 Cup +1 lap GTA
5. Palma/Nilsson Lotus Exige +8 laps GTB
DNF Bernadotte/Göransson Lotus Evora GT4 GTB
Q1 – Top 5
1. Karlsson/Carlström Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 59.260 GTA
2. Göransson/Bernadotte Lotus Evora GT4 +1.087 GTB
3. Lilja/Mäkinen Maserati GranTurismo MC GT4 +1.223 GTB
4. Jensen Porsche 911 GT3 Cup +1.337 GTA
5. Ricknäs/Söderholm Porsche Cayman GT4 +1.925 GTB
Q2 – Top 5
1. Carlström/Karlsson Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 1:00.774 GTA
2. Jensen Porsche 911 GT3 Cup +0.021 GTA
3. Gullberg/Mörner Ginetta G55 +0.654 GTB
4. Bernadotte/Göransson Lotus Evora GT4 +0.945 GTB
5. Mäkinen/Lilja Maserati GranTurismo MC GT4 +1.322 GTB
Championship standings GTB
1. Gullberg/Mörner 36 points
2. Mäkinen/Lilja 35 (-1)
3. Söderström/Ricknäs 27 (-9)
3. Palma/Nilsson 27 (-9)
5. Bernadotte/Göransson 25 (-11)
2018 Swedish GT Entry List
05 Otto Gullberg Ginetta G55
07 Kari Mäkinen Maserati GranTurismo MC GT4
08 Martin Sokolski Porsche 911 GT3 Cup
10 Simon Sjöö Porsche Cayman GT4
13 Carl Philip Bernadotte Lotus Evora GT4
13 Richard Göransson Lotus Evora GT4
13 Thed Björk Lotus Evora GT4
14 Johan Carlström Porsche 911 GT3 Cup
14 Joel Jakobsson Porsche 911 GT3 Cup
59 Robin Nilsson Lotus Exige
59 Robin Jensen Lotus Exige
72 Mats Ek Tidstrand Mercedes AMG GT4
2018 Swedish GT Calendar
21-22/9 Mantorp Park
Source | Images: Cyan Racing.